Paper Submission Details
The submission is open.
Papers can be submitted through easychair.
Paper Submission Details
The tradition of SAFECOMP is to act as a platform for bringing academic research and industrial needs together. Therefore, industrial contributions and real-world experience reports are explicitly invited.
We solicit two types of papers:
1) regular papers (up to 14 pages),
2) practical experience reports and tool reports (up to 8 pages).
Papers exceeding the page limit will be excluded from the review process. All papers will be reviewed by at least three program committee members. Papers must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere.
Conference Proceedings & Journal Special Issue
All accepted papers will be published by Springer in the LNCS series (Lecture Notes on Computer Science). Submitted papers must conform to Springer LNCS author guidelines (follow the link "Author information" on www.springer.com/lncs ). In addition, extended versions of the best papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of a safety-related international journal.
The conference covers all aspects related to the development, assessment, operation and maintenance of safety-related and safety-critical computer systems. Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Fault-tolerant and resilient hardware and software architectures
* Fault detection and recovery mechanisms
* Distributed and real-time monitoring and control
* Security and privacy protection mechanisms for safety applications
* Safety/security risk assessment
* Model-based analysis, design, and assessment
* Formal methods for verification, validation, and fault tolerance
* Probabilistic verification and validation
* In-the-loop and model-based testing
* Validation and verification methodologies and tools
* Methods for qualification, assurance and certification
* Compositional verification and certification
* Architecture-driven assurance of safety and security
* Dependability analysis using simulation and experimental measurement
* Cyber-physical threats and vulnerability analysis
* Safety guidelines, standards and certification
* Safety and security interactions and trade-offs
* Safety and security cases
* Multi-concern dependability assurance and standardization
Domains of application include (but are not limited to):
* Railways, automotive, space, avionics, nuclear and process industries
* Autonomous systems, advanced robotics, construction engines and
* Telecommunication and networks
* Safety-related applications of smart systems and IoT (Internet of Things, Smart Anything Everywhere)
* Critical infrastructures, smart grids, SCADA
* Medical devices and healthcare
* Defense, emergency & rescue
* Logistics, industrial automation, off-shore technology
* Education & training
2017 Special Theme
Design, verification, and assurance of space systems.